Thursday, March 08, 2007

So much cool $#!+, so little time.

ECHOPHONE, ON ECHO MTN.

Today Brooke and I rode up Lower Sam Merrill to the ruins on Echo Mtn. It was cool. You should go there.

We took turns on the "echophone" which magnifies your voice, and channels it up Rubio Cyn, which bounces back a whole bunch of echos! It was COOL.....cool,cool,cool,ool,ool.
Brooke had important business to attend to, so we high-tailed it out of there and rolled over to Sunset. The trail is in great shape, but a little rutted from the rains. Brooke was riding like a champ today though, and she rode almost everything and made it look easy.

After that we rode down into Millard and over to El Prieto. I guess Brooke was on a roll today (no pun intended), because she OFFICIALLY cleaned El P. for the first time.

Needless to say, she was pretty stoked! I was too. After seeing how smooth she was riding I hung back for the last bit of technical stuff to not distract her. I was happy to see her clean it! I dabbed. Twice.

We parted ways after that and I rode over to Descanso for the Doggie Night Ride.

For a while it was uneventful.... but then Fritz decided that pulling one handed wheelies up steep dirt roads wasn't manly enough and rode full speed off a cliff.

Luckily, he sprang into action with his cat-like-one-handed-wheelie reflexes and grabbed a bush with one hand and his bike with his feet, halting his descent just inches from a bed of sharp, man-eating rocks.

He then proceeded to consolidate his lead in "Man Points" by riding around Cherry Cyn. with one hand on the bar and one hand holding his light (the mount broke in all the commotion). He didn't seem to have any trouble keeping up with the group but when I asked him about it he admitted that "it affects braking" or something to that effect. He can be seen riding/holding his light below.

In a rare moment of Mac Guyver like brilliance, I suggested to Fritz that he use his Gnog light to attatch his light to the mount.

It worked, and because of my rare genius I nominated myself for 2nd place in "Man Points" for the evening (3rd if we were to count Brooke, she would have crushed us both with her El P. cleaning). Fritz attaching his light with his, ummmm... light.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The rest of the ride went smoothly.

I stopped off at a friends house on the way home and we watched a little Pokemon. It was awesome.

I shave my legs, I have a mullet, and I heart Pikachu. That's just how I roll.

P.S. Whut up Tucker!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so what you're saying, then, is that you enjoy yodeling in the canyon? mmm hmmm.